Stupid GaGa Woman. .?

I know it's weird, but what other comeback can beat it?

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Jesus is the reason for the season



The time has come. Where a jolly old man comes, who gives us gifts, eats our cookies, loves the little children and of course takes pictures with them also. No I am not talking about Santa, I am of course talking about that old creepy man who . . . wait, it IS Santa, never mind. But all the same Christmas is here. There is so much going on at the college, the big thing is that we just had our parade yesterday. IT WAS SO AWESOME!
It was thrilling being on the float seeing lots of people from the ages 3-90 dancing and clapping to our music. There was Shannon, Robbie and myself singing, Robbie playing the guitar, James playing the bass, and John drumming. The three songs we sang were: Joyfull Joyfull, Angels we have heard on high, and deck the halls (that song was pure death to us) It was so energizing being up there, we sang and danced like idiots and had a blast. We also had over 5,000 candy canes! (we ran out from the intersection at UPEI going on to University Ave. to where Mc Donalds is.... little distance) But the kids ahead didn't really know the difference anyways. The rest of us students just walked/ ran (depends how far behind you were -haha-) We also just danced, Darrell even got an old woman to dance with him . . .or vise-versa o_O. and you knwo when someone wants to dance with Darrell that it was good *insert evil laugh* By the end of the parade my voice was scratchy (not quite to my prayer time before Exalt) and we all went to Silverstreams for food. I had so much fun doing this, I really don't think I've had so much excitement go through my bones all at once! And I think the greatest thing was that the parade had SO many Jesus based floats! Only like 5 were christmas based, (I'm probably off by a bit) The one big santa float and the rest Jesus ones! AMAZING, They finally realize was this is all about (unless you are in Life Of Christ and Tom ruins everything by telling you that Jesus wasn't even born on Christmas, or around it *bent heart*) But besides that we did a greeat job and I loved it, we should do one next week!
There is also Christmas Chapel coming up, we really have no idea what to do . . . except that the girls-or rebecca and I- will sing teh 12 days AFTER Christmas. Great and catchy tune, plus I'm pretty sure that Darrell is in love with it. Then the banquet thingy, I really don't know what is going on with anything until the last minute, but there is proabaly more . . . I am leaving for home soon, On the 17th actually.. and I will be home on the 7th... both days the college isn't open, so i will do something there. Anyways my punctuation sucks.... and I am sleepy, and cranky, and hungry (what else is new right :P) SO THATS MY STORY!
-Sam

9 Comments:

  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Darrell said…

    I think we should prepare a speach for our receiving an award on our float. That was awesome!....Any float associated me, had to win... I guess it helped that there was some redheaded girl on the float too. Looked a lot like Ann of Green gables.

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Samara Ashley said…

    ..HA..HA

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger James said…

    Tons of fun. Darrell we all know that any float I am associated with wins. Last winter, this summer, this weekend. It was awesome.

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger Robbie Sevilla said…

    PARADE ROCKS!

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Ben said…

    that is a good pic of all you guys.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Darrell said…

    More like its a good pic of me! ....YESSSS! I win...

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Tyler said…

    Parade was awesome! I figured I'd be tired from it but I wasn't! You guys rocked :)

    Man, I looked so cool, and I didn't even mess up my hair from wearing the santa hat...now that's talent.

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger Samara Ashley said…

    yes, quite some talent :P

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger ECbran said…

    pfft! I've seen better floats. HAHA I just can't be mean. It looks great and you all look like you are having the ultimate blast!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home